Important Laterite RockCutcaves in Kerala
- Ø Eyyal, Porkkulam, Kattakampal, Kakkad, Kandanasseri, Anakkara and Sukapuram.
- Ø Category: two types 1)single chambered, 2)multi chambered.
1) Kattakampal burial ground
- Location: at chirakkal 2 km west of Kattakampal 10 km north west of Kunnamkulam.
- Cave is fashioned by scooping a stepped rectangle pit into laterite out crop.
- No of chambers: 4
- Situated laterally facing east one each on other sides
- Chamber height 1m
- ceiling – horizontal
- floors- rectangular
- A bench along the length of the left chamber another bench along the length of the right chamber